.creamed spinach stuffed chicken.

So today I found myself hungry for something more than just "the usual". I wanted chicken but not the regular chicken that I always have. I searched my pantry and saw a can of spinach but wasn't quite sure what to do with it. After browsing the web I took some things from a few creamed spinach recipes and kind of made it my own.

INGREDIENTS:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can of leaf spinach
cream cheese
butter
chopped onions
garlic powder
salt & pepper [I use sea salt]
crushed red pepper
parsley
olive oil [which ever oil is best for you]

FIRST I PREPARED THE CREAMED SPINACH:
Open the can of spinach and drain it as much as possible; making sure to get out as much water as you can. In a skillet sautee butter and onions. Add a dash of garlic powder and let it cook until onions are about transparent. Melt in about a cup and/or a half of cream cheese. Stir in the spinach and blend ingredients until creamy.

COOKING THE CHICKEN:
In another skillet heat olive oil. Clean and season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and parsley. Cook chicken in skillet thoroughly and all the way through. Make a pocket cut into the side of the chicken breast and stuff with creamed spinach. Voila! There you haveha a gourmet looking meal in no more than 30 minutes. Enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment